Speedinvest is a leading European venture capital fund for digital startups. With 120M Euro under management, Speedinvest works side-by-side with early-stage entrepreneurs to build great companies. Thanks to our hands-on model, our global partner network and our operations in Vienna, Silicon Valley, Berlin and Munich, we have managed to become one of the main focal points for the European startup community. Speedinvest has successfully invested in companies such as Shpock, Tourradar, Wefox, Bitmovin and Wikifolio.
About the Position
As part of the General Counsels’ team you are driving the core business and are therefore an essential building block in the fund’s overall success. You will provide high quality legal advice with a focus on corporate law and legal matters to the investment team while leveraging your transaction experience to ensure a smooth investment process. You will be collaborating with external counsels in different jurisdictions while representing the fund’s interest as an investor and/or shareholder. Furthermore, you will deal with legal inquiries from our team and our portfolio companies.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Structure deals together with the investment team
- Manage transactions from the start to the finish; this includes the
- representation of the fund’s interest in financing rounds
- negotiation of the terms
- supervision of cap tables
- preparation of term sheets
- drafting of agreements in English and German
- ensure transactions are closed
- quality management across the process
- Drive and optimize internal investment processes
- Completed Legal Studies with a specialisation on Business Law
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience in an international law firm with a focus on Corporate/M&A
- Transaction experience
- Excellent command of German and English – ability to draft agreements in both languages
- The bar exam is not a requirement
Salary: Minimum EUR 2.800 gross/month (full-time) depending on work-experience.
Please send your CV and any other relevant materials to [email protected] and we’ll be in touch with you! Links to other websites and resources where we might learn more about you (personal blog, Twitter, etc.) are greatly appreciated.