Managing Partner Speedinvest Media Team (m/f)
Speedinvest is a Pan-European venture capital fund with over EUR 100 Million assets under management that invests in seed stage technology start-up companies in the sectors of fintech / insurtech, core technologies as well as in media & e-commerce. Besides providing financial investments, the fund and its partners actively deploy their network and know-how to support the portfolio companies. Furthermore, Speedinvest’s office in Silicon Valley supports portfolio companies entering the US market.
Find out more about Speedinvest at: www.speedinvest.com.
Managing Partner (m/f)
Media & E-Commerce (Vienna, Berlin)
As part of the growth strategy at Speedinvest doubles down in media, marketplace & e-commerce space. Therefore, the senior team of investment managers (Partners) will be increased by two further members who will steer and manage all media & e-commerce related activities.
In this dynamic and challenging role, you will be personally responsible for a portfolio of start-ups and will offer relevant insights in a charismatic and self-confident manner. You should be able to advise start-ups on their strategy based on your experience in media, marketplaces or investment management. Rolling up your sleeves is the type of work you enjoy.
We are searching for exceptional individuals who have managed or been involved in flagship projects in the media & e-commerce ecosystem across Europe.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Establishing and managing the Speedinvest Media team and setting up and leading a team of associates
- Program management: Development and implementation of the investment program including additional offers
- Deal sourcing and negotiation management as well as managing the investment processes including structuring and due diligence
- Building the portfolio according to strategic considerations
- Continuous development of investment roadmaps in cooperation with Speedinvest and other media investors
- Contribution to the growth of the managed portfolio companies by offering structured services to start-ups
- Preparation and support of portfolio companies for exits
- Serving as a point of communication between the Speedinvest Media team and the various stakeholders of the ecosystem
- START-UP BACKGROUND: In an ideal world you have founded a company in either media, marketplaces, e-commerce or online (classified) ads or have management experience in a relevant position in the start-up industry. Alternatively, many years of experience in the start-up industry would be key.
- If you have a corporate background we would expect you to have some experience working in or with start-ups.
- OR: INVESTMENT EXPERIENCE in the aforementioned segments, either with a relevant fund or incubation program etc.
- We expect a strong network of relevant players in the media and marketplace, e-commerce or another area that is complementary to the existing Speedinvest network.
- Leadership experience
- Excellent communication skills
- International approach and mindset
- Confident in negotiations
- High intellectual maturity
- Self-initiative and self-motivation
- Constructive and solution-oriented approach
- Hands-on, “straight to the point” pragmatism
We look forward to discussing this position with you personally. Please contact Maria Baumgartner for further details. All information will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
T: +43 (0)664 1650788
About Si Heroes:
Our goal at Speedinvest Heroes is to support startup founders in their quest to build healthy companies, with strong teams. Everything that furthers this objective is at the heart of the Speedinvest Heroes mission. The company has been founded with the conviction that personal and organizational development is as important, as finding high potential individuals and integrating them into a team. Recruiting, especially when it comes to searching for those rare candidates in senior expert roles and in C-Level positions, is our passion. This is what we love to do.
Speedinvest Heroes finds the brilliant minds of today, who are striving to become the heroes of tomorrow.