Speedinvest is a leading European venture capital fund for tech start-ups. We work alongside entrepreneurs to achieve a common goal of building great companies. Due to our global partner network that includes operations in Silicon Valley, we have become a key investment and development hub for Europe’s start-up community.
We are involved in early stage investments and specialize in operational support. Our company philosophy states that we only work with projects where we can have a truly purposeful long-term impact, by offering experience combined with the right network.
In order to support Speedinvest’s development in the US market we are looking for a Business Developer Manager based in our San Francisco office. The job is an excellent way to gain broad exposure to a range of sectors, and to the requirements for scaling fast growing, venture backed companies. Think of it as McKinsey for startups.
Hands-on work with startup founders
- Support them to scale their companies
- Help them identify and penetrate new markets, especially the US
- Identify customers and partners, build and manage sales and growth campaigns with State-of-the-Art tools.
- Create sales pitches, participate in customer meetings, build and maintain client relationships
- Work with startup teams to identify learnings, adapt sales collateral and the sales process accordingly
For this reason, startup experience is highly valued. If you have had your own startup, or have been an early employee and helped scale a company, we definitely want to talk to you.
We are looking for an active, creative expert. We want someone who can design/build products and sell them. Technical skills and or BSc highly preferred. European languages (particularly German) are a big plus.
- Sales and business development experience required.
- Product management experience highly desirable.
- Start-up experience in a key leadership role – founder, CEO, COO. Failure is fine.
- Willingness and ability to network and build trust with relevant players in the focus industries of our portfolio companies
Your personal profile
- Active networking – do you already have a strong local network?
- Self-driven and independent.
- Curious, adaptive & flexible. You prefer new challenges over routines.
- An entrepreneurial ‘can-do’ attitude facilitated by continuous learning.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and work on tight deadlines
- Ability to digest complex information, form a distinct point of view, and communicate it in a clear and relevant way
Please send your resume and application to [email protected] and we’ll be in touch with you! Links to other websites and resources where we might learn more about you (personal blog, Twitter, etc.) are greatly appreciated.