Speedinvest is a leading European venture capital fund for digital startups. With 120M Euro under management, Speedinvest works side-by-side with early-stage entrepreneurs to build great companies. Thanks to our hands-on model, our global partner network and our operations in Silicon Valley, we have managed to become one of the main focal points for the European startup community.
We provide pivotal resources to our portfolio companies to accelerate growth. Over the years we’ve expanded our reach in FinTech and achieved a leadership position in that area. Speedinvest has successfully invested in FinTech companies such as Holvi, Iyzico, Payworks and Curve.
As a Speedinvest associate you will act as a junior investment manager, who plays an active role in investment transactions from start to finish. You will be responsible for trend scouting, deal sourcing, due diligence for investment opportunities and financial modelling. Furthermore, you will support the investment manager in terms of monitoring the existing portfolio companies and providing strategic support.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Source and screen companies relevant to our investment hypothesis
- Perform in-depth commercial and financial due diligence
- Build complex financial models and perform company valuations
- Prepare summary materials and present investment recommendations in deal meetings
- Actively monitor portfolio companies and help with key strategic projects, including fundraising and business development
- Represent Speedinvest at conferences and events
- Supervise junior analysts by training them on investment analysis
- Assist with special projects on an as-needed basis
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably in Finance or Economics
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experience, preferably in investment banking, private equity or management consulting
- Exceptional numerical skills and attention to detail
- Solid understanding of banking and financial markets
- An ability to build and maintain a professional network in the European tech ecosystem
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Fluency in English Basic knowledge of German is preferred
- Desire to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial organization. You possess a “can-do” attitude and take initiative
- Dedicated work ethic and commitment to a goal-oriented environment
What we offer to you
- A competitive salary and further monetary benefits
- Work in inspiring environment directly with senior partners and receive ongoing training to develop your technical, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Opportunities to work in Munich or Berlin and possibly in London
Full-time position (40h/week) based in Vienna.
The minimum salary offer starts at EUR 4.000 gross/month and is negotiable depending on education and previous work experience.
Please send your resume and application to [email protected] and we’ll be in touch with you! Links to other websites and resources where we might learn more about you (Linkedin, Twitter, Medium, etc.) are greatly appreciated.