Speedinvest is a leading European venture capital fund for digital startups. With 120M Euro under management, Speedinvest works side-by-side with early-stage entrepreneurs to build great companies. Thanks to our hands-on model, our global partner network and our operations in Vienna, Silicon Valley, Berlin and Munich, we have managed to become one of the main focal points for the European startup community. Speedinvest has successfully invested in companies such as Shpock, Tourradar, Wefox, Bitmovin and Wikifolio.
About Our Internship Program
The six- to twelve-month Internship Program is a unique opportunity to gain first-hand insights into the startup and venture capital ecosystem. You will work with the Head of Marketing & Community and the Operations team. You will focus on content production for the various channels Speedinvest uses to communicate with the startup ecosystem and its network, ranging from social media to website to networking events. The program will give you the opportunity to work alongside experienced entrepreneurs on projects which will have a real impact on the business world. You will enjoy a great deal of responsibility and will have the possibility to contribute to a number of exciting projects.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Social Media: You are responsible for the implementation of the social media strategy across Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin (community management, writing and scheduling postings, etc).
- Content production: You will write pieces in English for our newsletter, website and relevant channels. Depending on your previous experience and writing skills this includes the Speedinvest blog.
- Event organization: From concept stage to production. You are a crucial part of making brand events happen (including dinners, portfolio workshops, and networking receptions).
- Press relations: You are researching and qualifying press contacts and supporting in the production and distribution of press releases and associated materials.
- Overall support Head of Marketing & Community including administrative duties such as reporting, meeting preparations, and other tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Fluency in German and English.
- Strong academic performance and extracurricular involvement. Completion of or in the final stage of completion of a university degree.
- Relevant undergraduate work experience, preferably at a startup or agency and/or in-house communications or marketing.
- Excellent attention to detail and follow through.
- Strong experience working with Photoshop, PowerPoint and/or Keynote is a plus.
- An entrepreneurial ‘can-do’ attitude. You take initiative!
- A high level of self-organization and independence. You possess the ability to manage multiple requests, assess priorities and achieve solutions.
- Strong work ethic and a genuine interest in technology.
Full-time position (40h/week) based in Vienna.
Salary Vienna: 1150 EUR gross/month.
Please send your resume and application to [email protected] Links to websites and resources where we might learn more about you and your passions and your marketing skills (personal blog, Twitter, etc.) are highly appreciated.