Speedinvest is a leading European venture capital fund for tech start-ups. We work alongside entrepreneurs to achieve a common goal of building great companies. Due to our global partner network that includes operations in Silicon Valley, we have become a key investment and development hub for Europe’s start-up community.
We are involved in early stage investments and specialize in operational support. Our company philosophy states that we only work with projects where we can have a truly purposeful long-term impact, by offering experience combined with the right network.
In order to support Speedinvest’s portfolio companies’ development in the US market we are looking for a Business Development Director based in our San Francisco office. The job is an excellent way to gain broad exposure to a range of sectors, and to the requirements for scaling fast growing, venture backed companies.
- Lead the San Francisco Office
- Supervise a team of 2-3 people
- Coordinate hands-on work with startup founders
- Supervise US growth support from Speedinvest team
- Help to manage operational teams on the ground in the USA
- Work hand in hand with the Sales, Business Development or Key account management teams of the different portfolio companies
- Use network and sales competences to promote and secure orders from existing or prospective customers
- Participate to sales pitches with potential clients and coach the sales teams
- Prepare action plans for effective search of sales leads and prospects, including Sales Campaigns using State-of-the-Art Tools
- Initiate and coordinate the development of action plans to penetrate new markets or broaden existing markets
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes
- Reporting on Outcomes and BD/Sales support measures for portfolio companies
We are looking for an active, creative manager. We want someone who can understand early-stage products and sell them. Start-up experience is a must. Technical skills and or MSc highly preferred. European languages (particularly German) are a plus but not a must.
- Sales and business development experience required
- Proven track record in sales management and supervision
- Willingness to build up a strong network into the most important technical industries
- Strong understanding of customers, market dynamics and requirements
- Selling and organisational skills along with a solid technical understanding
- Personal commitment, independent working attitude and willingness to travel
Your personal profile
- Outstanding commercial and management skills
- Excellent communicator and relationship management
- Exceptional networking capacity
- Diplomatic team player
- Solution-oriented approach
- Structured and process-based leadership
- Curious, adaptive & flexible. You prefer new challenges over routines.
- An entrepreneurial ‘can-do’ attitude facilitated by continuous learning.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and work on tight deadlines
Please send your resume and application to [email protected] and we’ll be in touch with you! Links to other websites and resources where we might learn more about you (personal blog, Twitter, etc.) are greatly appreciated.